One of my earliest memories was staying in class during recess to finish a drawing I was working on. Being an artist and stay at home papi has always been my dream, it brings happiness to my soul. I love paintings that are expressive, loose and bold, I strive to keep the colors clean and vibrant. I love to paint with color in mind and love the art of portraiture and figurative work. The majority of my work is inspired by my Chicano heritage, from the bold color to the imagery. My "Mujere's de las Flores" Series combines my love of the portrait and Dia de los Muertos with of course florals.
I am a Signature Member of the Northwest Watercolor Society ( NWWS ) , Puget Sound Group of Northwest Artists ( PSG ) and also member of the American Watercolor Society . I have also co-chaired the NWWS Waterworks 2013 and NWWS 74th International Open Exhibition 2014. I was nominated to become the NWWS Vice-President for 2016-17 and President for the 2017-18 year.
I am graduate of Cornish College of the Arts, and have worked as a traditional cell animator, web designer and commission artist since graduating high school. I am also a USA Boxing Coach and have trained both pro and amateur Boxing, Muay Thai and MMA fighters from the Northwest since 2004. I finally closed the doors of my gym Team Eastside FC in Redmond in 2013 after 10 years in order to paint and teach. You can catch me either at the Kirkland Arts Center an Pratt Center of the Arts in Seattle, teaching a variety of classes which include Watercolor 101 & 102, Teen Drawing and Painting and Acrylics.
Exhibitions / Honors
- 2016 - NWWS Waterworks Show
- 2015 - CoCa 24 Hour Art Marathon
- 2014 - NWWS Signiture Members Show
- 2014 - Kenmore 16th Annual Art Show, Kenmore WA
- 2014 - CoCa 24 Hour Art Marathon
- 2014 - Art of Watercolor, Kenmore City Hall -- Kenmore, Wa.
- 2013 - NWWS 73rd Annual Open Exhibition, Mercer View Gallery -- Mercer Island, Wa.
- 2012 - NWWS 72nd Annual Open Exhibition, Design Center -- Seattle, Wa.
- 2003 - Greenwood-Phinney Artwalk Jurors’ Choice -- Seattle, Wa.
- 2008 - Daniel Smith Employee Show, Daniel Smith Bellevue -- Bellevue, Wa.
- 2002 - Dia de Los Muertos Celebration, Phinney Gallery -- Seattle, Wa.
- 2002 - Amore Group Show, Eastbay Book Company -- Seattle, Wa.
- 2001 - La Casa de Artes Group Show, Phinney Gallery -- Seattle, Wa.
- 2001 - La Casa de Artes Group Show, Richard Hugo House Gallery -- Seattle, WA
- 2014 - Present ~ Puget Sound Group of Northwest Artists - Signature Member
- 2012 - Present ~ Northwest Watercolor Society - Signature Member
- 2012 - Present ~ American Watercolor Society
Teaching and Demonstrating
- 2015 - Present ~ Beginning Acrylics - Pratt Fine Arts Center , Seattle
- NWWS Co-chair ~ 2013 NWWS 74th Open International Exhibition / 2014 Waterworks
- 2008 to Present ~ Kirkland Arts Center - Watercolor 101, Teen Painting, Kirkland, Wa.
- 2007 to Present ~ Demonstrator and Workshop Teacher, Daniel Smith Art Supplies Stores, Seattle, Bellevue
- 2010 - Present ~ Private Art Instructor / King and Snohomish County's
1997 - Bachelors of Fine Arts, Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, Wa.